Add Sender to Address Book Quickly in Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla or Netscape
To add the sender of a message to your Mozilla Thunderbird, Netscape or Mozilla address book fast:
- Click on the name and email address (sometimes only the address is shown) on top of the message, following From (or From:).
- Select Add to Address Book (or Add to Address Book…) from the menu that has appeared.
- If a contact sheet appears:
- Edit the card as you see fit.
- Select OK.
- If no contact sheet appears, to edit the newly created contact:
- Click on the name and email address under From again.
- Select Edit Contact… from the menu that shows.
- To edit the details visible:
- Make desired changes to the name and address book used for the contact.
- Click Done.
- To edit further details:
- Click Edit Details.
- Make any desired changes to the address book entry.
- Now click OK.
If you decide you do not want to add this person to your address book, select Cancel if available, which brings you back to the message without any changes to the address book. Without Cancel, you can delete the newly added entry from your address book, of course, at any time.
Note: Netscape 4 does not display the context menu when you click on the sender's name but brings up the card immediately.