Fortunately, Mozilla and Netscape make it fairly easy to export your address book to a format that many (if not most) other email programs and services understand. It's a rudimentary and crude format, but it works.
Export Contacts from the Mozilla Thunderbird or Netscape Address Book
To export your Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla or Netscape Address Book:
- Select Window | Address Book from the menu.
- Highlight the desired address book in the Address Books list.
- If you are not sure which to select, choose Personal Address Book.
- Select Tools | Export... from the menu.
- Make sure Comma Separated (*.csv) is set under Format:.
- Choose a location (your Desktop, for example) and file name.
- Click Save.