The Bottom Line
SpamSieve lets you add superior Bayesian spam filtering to Mac OS X email clients, is just as easy to use as Mail's junk mail filters, and can give you statistics, too.
- SpamSieve implements Bayesian spam filtering in a very smart, effortless and efficient manner
- Integrates well with most email programs and can announce good mail using many tools
- SpamSieve is easy to use
- SpamSieve cannot work as a POP or IMAP proxy
- SpamSieve implements adaptive spam filtering using Bayesian statistics.
- Accessible to any email application through AppleScript.
- SpamSieve supports Entourage, Outlook for Mac, PowerMail, GyazMail, Mail, MailMate, Mailsmith, Mozilla Thunderbird, Postbox, Eudora and more.
- SpamSieve gives statistical information about the corpus as well as about its detection rate and accuracy.
- Can use the Mac OS X address book as a whitelist. Mail from senders found there is never spam.
- SpamSieve keeps track of messages analyzed to prevent you from adding the same mail multiple times.
- SpamSieve analyzes text in encoded parts, too, and is resilient to lots of the spammers' tricks.
- Additionally, SpamSieve can maintain automatic white and black lists of senders or phrases.
- Can announce new good mail in the Dock and via sound, making sure you don't get notified about spam.
- SpamSieve supports Mac OS X 10.4-8.