Mac OS X Mail not only keeps and manages your emails, it lets you save them flexibly as well.
Save Multiple Emails to One File in Mac OS X Mail
To save more than one message from Mac OS X Mail to a consolidated text file that contains them all:
- Open the folder containing the messages you want to save in Mac OS X Mail.
- Highlight the emails you want to save to a single file.
- Hold down Shift to select a contiguous region.
- Hold down Command to select disparate emails.
- You can combine these two methods, too.
- Select File | Save As… from the menu.
- If you want a file name different from the subject line of the first selected messages, type it under Save As:.
- Pick a folder for saving under Where:.
- Select either Rich Text Format (fully formatted email text) or Plain Text (plain text versions of the email messages) under Format:.
- Click Save.
The text files will include the sender, subject and recipients as they also appear when you read the messages in Mac OS X Mail.