The Bottom Line
- equinux Stationery Pack adds beautifully designed stationery aplenty to Mac OS X Mail
- Categories and keywords make it easy to find stationery for any occasion and need
- Many Stationery Pack designs can be customized with personal photos
- equinux Stationery Pack doesn't allow you to buy and use individual stationery designs
- You cannot organize Stationery Pack designs using custom folders or keywords
- equinux Stationery Pack adds hundreds of email stationery designs to Mac OS X Mail.
- You can install general-purpose stationery collections as well as designs for holidays, birthdays and business, for example.
- Stationery Pack organizes stationery using categories and keywords, and you can search for designs as well.
- After previewing stationery, you can start a new Mac OS X Mail message right from Stationery Pack.
- Stationery installed from Stationery Pack is also available in Mail's stationery browser.
- Many Stationery Pack designs let you replace placeholder images with your own photos (which you can resize and crop to fit).
- Some designs also come in variations — different color schemes, for example, or varying design elements.
- An included image resizing tool shapes scanned signatures, logos and photos to fit the various template's image placeholders.
- equinux Stationery Pack supports Mac OS X 10.5/6.
Guide Review - equinux Stationery Pack 2.7 - Mac OS X Mail Add-On
Stationery Pack makes it easy to add new stationery from equinux to Mac OS X Mail. You can choose from general-purpose packages and collections designed for special holidays and seasons — hundreds of email templates in toto.
All the stationery is crafted beautifully with appreciable attention to detail. Where appropriate, you can replace placeholder images with your own and choose from design variations. To make your photos, logos and scanned signatures fit the templates, Stationery Pack comes with a handy image utility that reshapes any image in different aspect ratios and orientations.
Picking the right theme is fun — and difficult, owing to the sheer number. Fortunately, Stationery Pack is not all about adding more and more stationery, however sophisticated, to Mail. It points to the right design, too. Categories organize the stationery for casual browsing; keywords let you pick more specifically; search, finally, finds treasures everywhere. Stationery Pack offers neither categories nor keywords for custom organization, though.
You can install the desired stationery in Mail, of course, and invoke it for new messages. You can also start composing emails right from Stationery Pack, however, and profit from its keywords and search. Purchasing and installing new collections naturally is easy; a way to get individual templates instead of large collections might be nice, though.