The Bottom Line
GyazMail is a friendly little email program. Some gimmicks like the ability to work with mail directly at the server make it stand out, but some essential features are not fully supported or missing.
- GyazMail is a friendly, familiar and easy to use email program for POP and IMAP accounts
- Flexible filters organize mail, and GyazMail lets you work with mail at the server
- GyazMail makes good use of Safari rendering, Mac OS X spell checker and system address book
- GyazMail does not use Spotlight for fast email searching
- You cannot use HTML formatting in outgoing mail, and GyazMail lacks a powerful editor
- GyazMail does not support secure messaging natively
- GyazMail provides access to multiple POP and IMAP email accounts.
- Flexible rules can filter incoming mail locally or directly at the server (delete it, for example).
- GyazMail can also display the contents of a remote POP account and let you work on mail manually.
- Can make use of the Mac OS X spelling checker, address book and keychain, and Growl can announce mail.
- GyazMail offers simple message templates and can thread mail in a logical order.
- Fast and flexible searching lets you find, custom message labels allow you to organize messages.
- GyazMail supports Unicode and uses WebKit (Safari) for displaying rich messages.
- Integration with SpamSieve adds precise and comfortable Bayesian spam filtering to GyazMail.
- Support for return receipts lets you know if and when your messages is read.
- GyazMail supports Mac OS X 10.2-8.