The Bottom Line
TextSoap for Mac is a very useful and highly functional tool that helps you clean up and properly format emails or other text easily and flexibly.
- TextSoap cleans and formats text in a fast and easy to use manner
- As an OS X service, via AppleScript and through a universal menu, TextSoap integrates with many apps
- TextSoap is highly configurable and comes with versatile formatting options
- TextSoap lacks a one-step email reply re-formatting command
- Full control over keyboard shortcuts would be nice
- Clean text in TextSoap app, through various plug-ins, or via an OS X service or AppleScript.
- TextSoap removes unnecessary spaces, line breaks, control characters, HTML tags, '>' chars and more.
- Lets you convert text to lower or upper case, capitalize words or sentences.
- TextSoap for Mac also wraps text at various line lengths, quotes, reflows text properly and makes sure common tech products are capitalized correctly.
- Many more cleaners are included in TextSoap, and you can construct your own, too.
- TextSoap for Mac supports formatted text (including images) and Unicode character sets.
- You can set the line endings to be encoded Mac, DOS or Unix style and use regular expressions for search and cleanup.
- The versatility and power of regular expressions are available in search and text manipulation.
- You can assign custom keyboard shortcuts to cleaners in TextSoap.
- TextSoap for Mac supports Mac OS X 10.6/7.