Be it that assortment of spam you want to move to the junk mail folder to teach your filter or the multitude of newsletters it is saner to delete unopened than to read, iOS Mail on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad makes acting on multiple emails surprisingly easy.
Move or Delete Messages in Bulk with iOS Mail
To file or trash multiple emails in one go in iOS Mail:
- Tap Edit in the message list (near the top) or in search results (near the bottom).
- Tap all emails you want to move or delete.
- Make sure the check-mark appears in front of each desired message.
- Tap an email again to deselect it.
- You do not have to tap the circle. Tapping anywhere on a message's sender, subject or body preview works.
- Tap Delete to move the selected messages to the Trash.
- Tap Move, then tap the desired folder to file the selected messages.
- For spam, you can also use Mark | Move to Junk.
(Updated September 2013)