Be it that assortment of junk mail you want to move to the Spam folder to teach your filter or the multitude of newsletters it is saner to delete unopened than to read, iPhone Mail makes acting on multiple emails surprisingly easy.
Move or Delete Messages in Bulk with iPhone Mail
To file or trash multiple emails in one go in iPhone Mail:
- Tap Edit in the message list.
- Tap all emails you want to move or delete.
- Make sure the check-mark appears in front of each desired message.
- Tap an email again to deselect it.
- You do not have to tap the circle. Tapping anywhere on a message's sender, subject or body preview works.
- Tap Delete to move the selected messages to the Trash.
- Tap Move, then tap the desired folder to file the selected messages.
(Updated October 2011)