Setting up free AIM Mail email in iPhone Mail is just (well, exactly) as easy — and you get seamless access to all your online folders.
Access AIM Mail in iPhone Mail
To set up an AIM Mail email account in iPhone Mail:
- Tap Settings on the iPhone Home screen.
- Now tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Choose Add Account... under Accounts.
- Tap Other.
- Enter your name under Name.
- Tap your full AIM Mail email address under Address.
- Enter your AIM Mail password under Password.
- Tap "AIM Mail" under Description.
- Now tap Save.
iPhone Mail will automatically set up your AIM Mail account with the correct settings. If that does not happen:
- Make sure IMAP is selected.
- Enter "imap.aim.com" for Host Name under Incoming Mail Server.
- Tap your AIM Mail user name (what comes before "@aim.com" in your AIM Mail address) for User Name under Incoming Mail Server.
- Enter "smtp.aim.com" for Host Name under Outgoing Mail Server.
- Input your AIM Mail user name for User Name under Outgoing Mail Server, too.
- Tap your AIM Mail password under Password for the Outgoing Mail Server.
- Tap Save.
- Now tap AIM Mail.
- Choose Advanced.
- Tap Deleted Mailbox under Mailbox Behaviors.
- Drafts Mailbox should already be set to Drafts and Sent Mailbox to Sent.
- Pick Trash from On the Server.
- Press the Home button.