How reasonable, then, would it be to use an address book "group"? Once set up, adding the entire group from Contacts as recipients is easy in iOS Mail, and it requires no typing the addresses repeatedly.
Send an Email to a Group Fast in iOS Mail for iPhone and iPad
To compose a message to a group's multiple recipients fast in Mail for iOS on iPhone and iPad:
- Make sure you have set up a Contacts group for the addresses you want to use in bulk.
- Start a new message in iOS Mail.
- In the To:, Cc: or Bcc: field:
- Click +.
- Search for and tap the desired group.
- As an alternative, you can also start typing the group's name and tap it in the auto-complete list. Make sure you do not start typing a group member's address (or name) instead of the group name.
- If you do not see the Cc: and Bcc: fields, tap Cc/Bcc, From:.
- You can address the message to undisclosed recipients, of course.
- Compose and eventually send the message.
(Updated February 2013)