In iPhone Mail, changing the quotation (and indention) level of text is a matter of, well, mere tapping.
Indent Text in iPhone Mail or Decrease its Quotation Level
To increase or decrease the level of quotation for select text in iPhone Mail:
- Position the text cursor in the line whose quotation level you want to change.
- To change multiple lines and paragraphs, highlight them.
- Select Quote Level from the menu.
- If you cannot see Quote Level, tap the right arrow in the menu first.
- Tap Decrease to remove a level of indentation.
- Tap Increase to add a level of indentation.
- You can use Increase and Decrease repeatedly to add or remove multiple quotation bars fast.
(Updated October 2011)