How much more elegant would it be to mark emails as flagged instead, and have a red flag draw the eye to the exclusively important? In iPhone Mail, the elegant is also pretty straight forward — for individual messages, for folder conversations, and for multiple emails.
Flag Mail in iPhone Mail
To flag an email in iPhone Mail or iPad Mail:
- Tap the flag button in the message's toolbar.
- Select Flag from the menu that shows up.
- Choose Unflag from the same menu to remove the flag again from an email.
Flag Mail in iPhone Mail 5
To add a flag to an important message in iPhone Mail:
- Tap Mark while viewing the message you want to flag.
- If you cannot see Mark next to the email's date, tap Details first.
- Select Flag from the menu.
- Select Unflag from the same menu to remove the flag from a message again.
To add or remove flags from multiple messages fast in iPhone Mail:
- Open the folder that contains the messages whose flags you want to edit.
- Tap Edit.
- Now tap all the desired emails (or entire conversations) so that white checkmarks on red appear next to them.
- Tap Mark.
- Select Flag to add flags to all selected messages and all emails in checked conversations.
- Select Unflag to remove the flags from the checked messages and conversations.
- Note that Unflag appears only if all checked messages are already flagged.
(Updated September 2012)