Hawaii? The Rhodopi mountains? Comfy chair?
Wherever you take your vacation from email, enjoy it! To make sure your return is as pleasurable as your departure (and not tarnished by countless angry messages asking why you still have not replied, for example), an automatic vacation reply can be of immense value.
A vacation auto-response lets senders know you are away and will not be able to reply until you've returned. It is sent automatically by your IncrediMail. Of course, it's nice if you can tell those inquiring when you expect to be able to reply.
Set up a Vacation Auto-Reply in IncrediMail
To make IncrediMail reply to emails automatically while you are away from your computer and email:
- ›› Step by Step Screenshot Walkthrough (using IncrediMail Xe)
- Select Tools | Automatic Reply Settings… from the menu in IncrediMail.
- If you cannot see the menu bar, click Menu in your IncrediMail's title bar or press Alt-T to bring up the Tools menu.
- Make sure Automatic Reply is ON is selected.
- Type the desired Subject: and Message: for your vacation auto-reply.
- Optionally, make automatic replies go only to senders you know by checking Send an automatic reply only to people in my Address Book (or Send an automatic reply only to people in my Address Book or Approved Senders list). Junk mail is automatically excluded from auto-replies either way.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes if you asked Are you sure you want to turn on the Automatic Reply?.
- Make sure IncrediMail keeps running and is set to check for mail (and send automatic replies) on an automatic schedule.
Turn the Automatic Reply Off Again
To disable the automatic vacation reply again in IncrediMail:
- Select Tools | Automatic Reply Settings… from the menu.
- If you do not see a menu bar in IncrediMail, click Menu in the main window's title bar or press Alt-T for the Tools menu.
- Make sure Automatic Reply is OFF is selected.
- Click OK.
- Optionally, go to your Sent Items folder and delete the automatically sent messages. They all have "Automatic Reply: " followed by your auto-reply subject in the Subject field.
(Updated April 2012)