But protecting the privacy of the people that make up the diverse group to which you forward a joke is usually a good reason. Don't reveal the names and email addresses of all recipients, especially if they do not know each other well.
In IncrediMail, hiding recipients is easy using the Bcc: field, and we can make it even better and prettier by using a trick that displays our emails as going to "Undisclosed recipients".
Send an Email to Undisclosed Recipients in IncrediMail
First, let's set up a special address book entry that helps us avoid typing "Undisclosed recipients" more often than is absolutely necessary.
- Select Tools | Address Book... from the menu in IncrediMail.
- Click the Contact toolbar button.
- Type "Undisclosed" under First:.
- Enter "recipients" under Last:.
- Type your email address under Email Address:.
- Click OK.
- Close the Address Book.
To send an email to a group of people with individual recipients hidden and "Undisclosed recipients" in the To: field:
- Start with a new email message in IncrediMail.
- If you do not see a Bcc: field, select View | Show 'Bcc' Field from the menu.
- Click on the To: button.
- Highlight Undisclosed recipients.
- Click To ->.
- Now highlight all people in your address book you want to receive the message.
- Of course, you can also highlight a group.
- Click Bcc ->.
- Click OK.
- Add any additional recipients' email addresses to the Bcc: field.
- Make sure you separate addresses with semicolons.
- Compose and eventually send your message.
You'll Get a Copy
Since your email address is in the To: field, you will get a copy of your message to "undisclosed recipients" — do not let that alarm you!