If your address book is in IncrediMail, you can back up the list of your contacts to make sure they are not only what remains in your memories, but also can be recovered to your address book should you ever lose it.
Saving a copy of your contacts is also a way to keep them when you move to another email client, which will hopefully allow you to import them.
Back Up or Copy Your IncrediMail Address Book
To export your IncrediMail address book for copying or backup:
- Select Tools | Address Book... from the menu.
- Select File | Export... from the address book's menu.
- Go to the folder where you want to keep the backup copy of your address book.
- Optionally, enter a custom file name for the copy.
- The standard "IncrediMail Contacts (csv)" should work fine, though.
- Click Save.
Import the Addresses in Outlook Express
Once your contacts are out of IncrediMail and in the .csv file, it's easy to import them in another email program such as Outlook Express.