Fortunately, IncrediMail lets you prevent that from happening easily, and automatically.
Don't Clog the Mail Server with Very Old Mail in IncrediMail
To avoid clogging your POP mail server with old mail in IncrediMail:
- Select Tools | Accounts... from the menu.
- Highlight the desired account.
- Click on the Properties button.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Make sure Leave a copy of messages on server is selected.
- Make sure Remove from server after __ day(s) is selected, too.
- Choose how many days after downloading a message IncrediMail should remove it from the server.
- Anything between 3 and 25 days seems reasonable.
- When choosing the amount of time mail should reside on the server, take into account how much mail you get. If your mail volume is high, choose a shorter time.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.