What, however, if you want to send an email with your work address in that From: field? What if you forward all your work mail to your Inbox.com account for convenience? Shouldn't your replies come from you, the working person?
Of course they should, and they can. Inbox.com lets you put any of your email address in the From: field (you have to confirm an address belongs to you by reacting to a message sent to it). As those addresses are remembered, switching accounts is easy, too.
Send Mail from Any Account, with Any From Address in Inbox.com
To put any email address in the From: field of an email you send with Inbox.com:
- Select Settings from the Inbox.com navigation bar.
- Click Your "From" addresses under Email options.
- Click Add email address.
- Type the desired address under Email:.
- Click Save.
- Check the desired address for new mail.
- Open the verification link (found in an email whose subject is Send emails from Inbox.com as...).
Now, to send an email from your new address:
- Click Compose email in Inbox.com.
- Click the From address... button under Edit email.
- Choose the desired address.