In iCloud Mail on the web (as in iOS Mail and OS X Mail),
Make a Sender a VIP in iCloud Mail at icloud.com
To assign VIP status to a sender in iCloud Mail at icloud.com and have their messages highlighted in a special fashion:
- Open a message from the sender you want to make a VIP in iCloud Mail at icloud.com.
- Click the sender's name (or name and email address) in the From: line.
- Make sure VIP is checked.
- Click Save if available.
- This will add the sender to your iCloud Contacts.
- If you do not see Save, click anywhere outside the contact dialog.
Remove VIP Status from a Sender in iCloud Mail at icloud.com
To stop a sender's messages from getting the VIP treatment in iCloud Mail at icloud.com:
- Make sure VIP is expanded in iCloud Mail.
- If you cannot see a list of individual folders for VIP senders, click VIP.
- Open the folder for the sender you want to lose VIP status.
- Click the gear in the iCloud Mail toolbar.
- Select Delete Folder from the menu that appears.
- Click Deelte under Delete "
You can also remove VIP status when you have a message from the sender at hand and open, of course:
- Open a message from the sender.
- You can find emails from them that are in the inbox under the VIP folder, of course.
- For messages that are not in the inbox, you can use iCloud Mail search.
- Click the sender's name or email address in the From: line.
- Make sure VIP is not checked.
- Click anywhere in the grayed area outside the contact editing sheet.
(Updated September 2012)