Okay, these people will think "Managing Director" or "Aunt Rosie" if they see your name automatically. But maybe you have entered a wrong name when you singed up for your Windows Live Hotmail account (I guess that can happen), or you want to hide your name if not your identity for a prank. Maybe your name has changed.
Change the Name in the From Line of Mail You Send from Windows Live HotmailEither way, to alter your From: name in Windows Live Hotmail:
- Select Options | More Options... (or just Options if you use Windows Live Hotmail classic) from the Windows Live Hotmail toolbar.
- Follow the View and edit your personal information link under Manager your account.
- Click Edit your registered information under Common tasks.
- Type the desired name under First name: and Last name:.
- You can include a nickname in the First name: field by using single quotation marks like in "Rosemary 'Roadster' Plackensteiner".
- Click Save.
- Follow the Sign out link in the top right corner.
- Log back into Windows Live Hotmail.