It made less sense that Hotmail also deleted emails from the Sent Messages folder after 30 days. While you couldn't change that, you can make it a routine to live with it so you don't lose mail. Whenever you save a copy of a message you send in Hotmail, make it a habit to move it to a different folder if you intend to keep it.
Move Mail from "Sent Messages" in Hotmail to Keep It
Note that Windows Live Hotmail does now keep mail in the Sent folder automatically until you manually delete or move it.
Now, to move mail from Sent Messages in Hotmail to keep it:
- Select Mail from the Hotmail navigation bar.
- Go to the Sent Messages folder.
- If you can't see the folder list on the left, click >> (Show Folders > >).
- Make sure all messages you want to save are checked.
- Click Put in Folder in the toolbar.
- Select the desired folder.