Fortunately, it will. You've got options, too: you can merge events from imported .ics files with existing calendars, for example, or have them appear as a new calendar.
Import ICS Calendar Files in iCal
To import events from an .ics file into a new or existing iCal calendar:
- Open iCal.
- Select File | Import | Import… (or File | Import… | Import…) from the menu.
- Find and highlight the desired .ics file.
- Click Import.
- Select the iCal calendar to which you want the imported events added.
- Select New Calendar to create a new iCal calendar for the imported schedule.
- Click OK.
- If prompted Some of the events in this calendar have alarms that open files or applications:
- Click Remove Unsafe Alarms to avoid all security risks from calendar alarms that open potentially harmful applications and documents.
- Check all desired alarms for future events are set.
(Updated August 2011)