Set Up an Out of Office Auto-Reply in GMX Mail
To set up an autoresponder to answer emails on your behalf in GMX Mail:
- Select Settings in GMX Mail.
- Go to the E-Mail tab.
- Open the Autoresponder category.
- Type the text for your automatic reply under Active Autoresponders.
- Include, perhaps, information on when people mailing you in your absence can expect a personal answer — or if you'd prefer them to mail you again once you've returned.
- GMX Mail will precede the original message's subject with "Auto reply" when sending an automated response.
- The original message's text will not be quoted in the auto-reply.
- Make sure Always is selected for an auto-respnder that does not end automatically; make sure Expires: is chosen if you want GMX Mail to stop sending auto-replies after the specified date.
- Pick Never to turn off your auto-responder (expiring or perpetual) immediately.
- Click OK.
(Updated September 2011)