Especially now that your browser seems to have lost its memory, too, is there a way to get back into GMX Mail? If you have set up a secondary email address — your work email account, for example, or another web-based email account; also protected by a strong password, of course — for your account, resetting your GMX Mail password is easy and painless.
Recover a Forgotten GMX Mail Password
To recover a GMX Mail account after you have forgotten the password:
- Go to the GMX Mail Password Recovery Assistant page.
- Enter your GMX Mail email address under GMX E-Mail Address.
- Type the random letters shown under Enter the code shown.
- Click Reset Password.
- Open the Requested password link from firstname.lastname@example.org in your secondary email account.
- Follow the link to the password resetting page in that email.
- Type your desired new GMX Mail password under both Choose a Password and Re-type Password.
- Make sure you pick a strong password that you can still manage to remember.
- Click Save New Password.