Some programs are slow to start, some plug-ins are cumbersome to use, and some viewers, like Mail.com and GMX Mail's work smoothly right inside a browser.
With the PDF renderer built into Mail.com and GMX Mail, you don't have to download an attachment to view it or rely on browser add-ons. Opening PDFs becomes a snap.
Read PDF Documents Right Inside Mail.com or GMX Mail
To open and view PDF files right inside Mail.com or GMX Mail in your browser without the need for PDF support or a plug-in:
- Open the message that contains the PDF file attachment in Mail.com or GMX Mail.
- Move the mouse cursor over the PDF document you want to view under Attachment.
- If you cannot see files listed under Attachment, click the Attachment header.
- Select Display from the menu that comes up.
- If the PDF file includes many or large images, you may have to wait a bit for the display to appear. Note, also, that not all complicated PDF files may be rendered correctly.
- Click Close.
(Updated April 2012)