Why not put the task list inside Gmail, always visible alongside your messages or slid elegantly out of the way? In Gmail Tasks, it's easy to create to-do items from emails, too, and you can have multiple lists as well as nested tasks.
Manage Your Tasks in Gmail
To open Gmail tasks:
- Click Tasks in the left navigation bar or
- press g followed immediately by k (think "task").
To create a new task:
- Click in an empty area in Tasks and start typing.
To complete a task:
- Click the empty check mark box.
To delete a task:
- Click anywhere in the task.
- Now click the Delete task icon at the Tasks list's bottom.