Not in Gmail! In Gmail, you forward them in one elegant go. If the thread forms a conversation as lumped together by Gmail, you can forward it in one compact message. Quoted text will be removed automatically, too.
(You can also forward individual messages in Gmail.)
Forward a Complete Thread of Emails in Gmail
To forward an entire conversation in one message with Gmail:
- Open the desired conversation.
- Make sure conversation view is enabled in Gmail.
- Click the More button in the toolbar.
- Select Forward all from the menu that comes up.
- Add any comments you have and address the message.
- Click Send.
(Updated October 2012)