The Utility of Gmail LabelsDo you throw labels at your emails in Gmail like there was no tomorrow? Does the flexibility of this system amaze you anew every day? Is your Gmail Inbox ever empty while your email life is organized like never before?
Do you wish you had one-click access to all your Gmail labels? Plus the standard "folders" (Sent Mail, Drafts,...)? Plus message types such as unread? Like a bookmark?
Bookmark any Label, Folder, Search or Message in Gmail
To create a bookmark for any mailbox, label, search or message in Gmail:
- Open the desired message, label or folder or perform the desired search.
- Bookmark the page.
Bookmark any Label, Folder, Search or Message in Gmail as a Gmail Quick Link
You can also create shortcuts to searches or messages right inside Gmail so you'll have them handy no matter the machine or browser you use:
- Follow the Settings link in Gmail.
- Go to the Labs category.
- Make sure Enable is selected under Quick Links.
- Click Save Changes.
- Go to the desired message, search or label.
- Click Add Quick Link in the Quick Links box.
- Type a recognizable name for the bookmark (say, a conversation's subject).
- Click OK.
Bookmark any Label, Folder or Message Type in Gmail (Older Version)
To bookmark any label, folder or message type in Gmail's older version:
- Copy and paste https://mail.google.com/mail/?search=query&view=tl&start=0&fs=1&q=label: in a new browser window.
- Append the name of the desired label to the address in the address bar.
- If you have a label called "todo", for example, add "todo" so that the end of the address reads "&q=label:todo".
- To access a folder, add the folder name; for "Drafts", add "Drafts" so that the end of the address reads "&q=label:Drafts".
- For a message type, add the message type:
- "unread" for unread mail
- "read" for read mail.
- Press Enter.
- Bookmark the page that comes up.
Keyboard Shortcuts to Labels in Gmail
For another way to load labels fast in Gmail, try Gmail Macros.