If you follow the Print link from an email, Gmail does the same. It displays all the messages in the thread, readily formatted for printing. But what if you don't want to print all 37 messages, just one?
Print an Individual Email Message in Gmail
To print a single email in Gmail:
- Open the desired message.
- If the message is collapsed in a thread, click its headline to expand it.
- Click the down arrow next to Reply.
- If you see no Reply button, click More options.
- Select Print from the menu.
- Print the page that comes up.
Keep in mind that Gmail hides quoted text when printing a message. To see the original text in addition to the reply, either print the complete thread or the message the quotations are taken from in addition to the reply.