For such leisurely reading, the emails that are not urgent need not clutter the high-octane Priority Inbox, do they? Of course, they do not.
Gmail offers various sections for a well-sorted priority inbox. You can pick and disable them to suit your needs — for a most clean Priority Inbox, for example, that displays only important (or just important and still unread) messages, and all other mail only if you click.
Make Gmail Priority Inbox Show Only Important (Unread) Emails
To have Gmail show only priority messages (and only unread important mail, if you prefer) in the Priority Inbox:
- Follow the Settings link in Gmail.
- Go to the Priority Inbox tab.
- Click Add section or Options for 1. under Priority Inbox sections:.
- Select Important and unread or Important from the menu.
- Now select Options for 2. and 3., if available and select Remove section from the menu.
- Click Save Changes.<
- Back in the Priority Inbox, collapse Everything else.
You can always view all your inbox mail under Everything else in your Priority Inbox, or by going to the Inbox label.