Whatever your reasons, Gmail makes removing an address book entry an easy matter — as long as you find the address book and the address.
Delete a Contact from Gmail
To remove a contact or email address from your Gmail address book:
- Open Contacts in Gmail.
- Click Gmail in near your Gmail inbox's left top corner, for instance, and select Contacts from the menu that appears.
- Make sure all contacts you want to delete are checked.
- You can use the search field on top to find address book entries.
- Note that a new search will deselect any previously checked contacts.
- Click More in your Gmail Contacts's toolbar.
- You can also press . (dot).
- Select Delete contact (or Delete contacts with more than one selected) from the menu that appears.
(Updated April 2013)