Question: How Can I Remove "On Behalf of" in Gmail?
Emails you send from Gmail
using another email address appear in Outlook as "from email@example.com on behalf of firstname.lastname@example.org"? Here's how to remove "on behalf of" from Gmail.
To remove "on behalf of" and your Gmail address from messages you send in the Gmail web interface using another email address
- Follow the Settings link in Gmail.
- Go to the Accounts tab.
- Click edit info next to the desired email address.
- Click Next Step ››.
- Make sure Send through example.com SMTP servers is selected under Send mail through your SMTP server?.
- Enter the SMTP server name for the email address under SMTP Server:.
- Enter your email user name (usually either the full email address or what Gmail has already entered) under Username:.
- Type the email account's password under Password:.
- If the SMTP server supports secure SSL connections, make sure Always use a secure connection (SSL) when sending mail is checked.
- Verify the SMTP port is correct: with SSL, 465 is the typical port; without, 587.
- Click Save Changes.