The Bottom Line
- Flexwindow lets you update Web site content via email
- Easy to use yet flexible
- Flexwindow poses a possible security risk
- Large sites can be difficult to manage with Flexwindow
- Flexwindow allows you to update web site content via email.
- Flexwindow email submissions can be password-protected.
- Content in a Flexwindow can be replaced, or you can add to it.
Guide Review - Flexwindow
First, you have to define certain content areas on your site (or have your developer do that for you). Then you write an email with the content you want to appear in that "Flexwindow". You can even use an email client capable of producing HTML to format your content or use HTML tags in a plain text email.
Of course, only people with a valid password can submit content in this way. This may not be enough to prevent others from taking over your site, considering that the password is sent in plain text with every update.
If this is not a concern for you, however, you get an easy to use, flexible and cheap content management system.