These two facts, not related otherwise, can hide some messages if they arrive with a wrong date as if they had been sent in the past. Fortunately, FastMail lets me use a handy shortcut that will show only the new messages in any folder. Performing a saved search for unread messages will do the trick.
Display All and Only Unread Mail in a Folder in FastMail
To set up a saved search for unread mail in FastMail:
- Click the Advanced button next to Search while in your FastMail Inbox.
- Make sure Is unread is selected under Flags.
- All other fields should be empty or Don't care.
- Type "only unread" under Save search at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Save.
- Click Cancel.
Now, to see all and only unread mail in a folder in FastMail:
- Click Advanced next to the Search button while in the folder whose unread messages you want to see.
- Select only unread under Saved searches.
- Click Search.
To return to FastMail's default display for the folder, click Clear next to the Advanced button next to the Search button.