It's time to save your Eudora contacts to a CSV file — whence they can typically imported into any software and service handling contacts.
Export Your Eudora Address Book
To save your Eudora contacts to a CSV file (easily imported in most email programs' and services' address books):
- Select Tools | Address Book from the menu.
- Now choose File | Save As… from the menu.
- Make sure CSV Files (*.csv) is selected under File type:.
- Type "Contacts" under File name:.
- Click Save.
Now, try importing the Contacts.csv file into your email program or service right away. If the import stumbles:
- Open the Contacts.csv file in a spreadsheet program (such as Excel, Numbers or OpenOffice.org).
- Cleaning up any errors you see.
- Adding column headers your email program or contact manager may expect.
- Removing the Eudora nickname (typically the first column).
- Re-arranging columns to confirm to the standard your email program expects.