It's okay to write these emails. Do know, though, that they may not get read; your questions may not get answered; tasks not done.
Get Your Questions Answered, Tasks Done in Emails
To make it easy for recipients not cut out for long and detailed emails:
- Put a summary on the top:
- Ask for any tasks you need performed. Each task should be on its own line; possibly even in its own email.
- Ask any questions you need answered.
- Repeat key points at the end.
- Do not put (or point to) any important information in an attachment.