Clean Email Without a New Email AddressThe "@aliencamel.com" email address you got when you signed up for Aliencamel was probably not your first email address. If it was not, there is no need to tell all your friends about an address change; you need not even use the Aliencamel address at all and can happily continue handing out the email address you are used to.
Why is that? Since Aliencamel looks mostly at the sender to sort good mail from bad, it can filter all your mail, no matter the route it took to reach you, no matter the email address it was sent to. The only condition, of course, is that all mail is eventually routed to your Aliencamel account.
Forward Your Mail to Aliencamel to Have It Filtered for Spam
The most elegant, fast and practical way to have mail received at all your email addresses filtered by Aliencamel is to set up automatic forwarding. Tell your email providers to forward all incoming mail at your address to your "@aliencamel.com" address and you're set.
Unfortunately, not all email accounts offer this forwarding feature. Aliencamel can remedy this unfortunate situation for at least one POP-accessible email account. Logging into that account periodically it retrieves and filters new mail automatically.
Collect and Filter Mail from a POP Account in Aliencamel
To collect and filter mail from a POP account in Aliencamel without having to forward:
- Go to the Aliencamel web site.
- Select My Settings from the navigation bar.
- Choose Remote POP.
- Enter your Email address.
- Type your POP server name, Username and Password as they appear in your email client's setup for the same email account.
- Choose how often you want Aliencamel to check for new mail.
- Make sure Leave messages on remote server? is not checked.
- Click OK.
- In your email client, make sure the email account you just set up in Aliencamel is not automatically checked for new mail.