People Do Get Angry About This
Anyway, even if you are not passionate about the format of the emails you get, some people are. Some despise messages that use any kind of formatting. Hardly anybody will complain wildly about a plain text email. Plus, you can hear everybody resonate that plain text is inherently more secure.
So there are times when sending a message without formatting is the wise choice. How do you do that in AIM Mail or AOL Mail, where the formatting toolbar sits mightily over your message and no apparent way to turn it off is in sight? Fortunately, just around the corner is a setting that will get rid not only of the formatting toolbar in AIM Mail or AOL Mail but also of all rich formatting in the messages you send.
Send a Message in Plain Text from AIM Mail or AOL Mail
To compose a message and ensure it is sent in plain text only from AIM Mail:
- Select Settings from the top AIM Mail or AOL Mail navigation bar.
- Go to the Authoring category.
- Make sure Use Rich Text / HTML Editing is not checked under Composing:.
- Click Save.
- Now click OK.
- Follow the Mail link from the navigation bar on top.
- Click Compose, write and finally send the message.
- Optionally, re-enable rich text editing.