You have not used your AIM Mail password to train your memory and associations, of course, and your browser has remembered the phrase well enough every time you checked your mail; every time except just now, of course.
Fortunately, recovering a forgotten AIM Mail password is not only possible but straight forwardly possible — whether you need it in a browser or to set up AIM Mail in an email program, for example.
Recover a Forgotten AIM Mail or AOL Mail Password
To get back access to your AIM Mail or AOL Mail account by recovering a forgotten password:
- Visit the AOL Online Password Reset page.
- Enter your AIM Mail or AOL email address under Username or Email:.
- Type what you see under Image:.
- Click Next.
- Type the email address you specified for account recovery under Enter Your e-mail Address:.
- Click Submit.
- Now enter the answer to your security question under Your Answer:.
- Click Submit again.
- Type your desired new password under both Type New Password: and Re-Type New Password:.
- Ideally, your new password is easy to remember and, at the same time, difficult to guess.
- Click Submit once more.
- Now click Continue.