Should't that also be the place to write once and post anywhere; write not only status updates but also comments, and like the occasional photo or two?
Fortunately, AIM Mail and AOL Mail's Lifestream is.
Post to Multiple Social Networks from AIM Mail or AOL Mail
To set up AIM Mail or AOL Mail to distribute status updates to all your social networks:
- Open your AOL Lifestream settings.
- Make sure you have authorized all desired services for AIM Mail or AOL Mail.
- Now make sure all services to which you want to post status updates from within AIM Mail or AOL Mail are checked under Post my AOL Lifestream status to:.
To post an update to all connected networks and sites from AIM Mail or AOL Mail:
- Open the AIM panel and make sure you are signed in.
- Click in the What's happening now? box.
- Type your message.
- Press Enter.
Note that you cannot pick the services to which an individual post will be distributed; all posts from AIM Mail or AOL Mail are sent to all services you set up above. (AIM Express and desktop as well as mobile AIM instant messaging programs do allow you to select target services per update, and you can insert photos to boot.)
Add Comments Automatically Back-Posted to the Original Service
To comment on a post in your Lifestream:
- Click Add Comment (with the paper icon) beneath the post you want to comment.
- Type your comment or reply.
- Hit Enter.
Your comment will appear both in your AIM Mail or AOL Mail Lifestream and in the original post's service.
To like something in AIM Mail or AOL Mail:
- Click Like Activity (with the heart icon) right below the update of which you approve.