Question: Why Do I Have to Log In to Yahoo! Mail Every Time?
Every time you log in to Yahoo! Mail, you make sure Keep me signed in for 2 weeks unless I sign out. is checked. Every time you open mail.yahoo.com, you have to sign in manually again. Every time you sign in...
How come Yahoo! Mail does not remember your log-in credentials?
Answer: Something or someone deletes the Yahoo! Mail cookie in your browser that would log you in automatically.
To keep the Yahoo! Mail log-in cookie:
- Make sure Keep me signed in for 2 weeks unless I sign out. is checked when you log in to Yahoo! Mail.
- Do not click Sign Out at the top of any Yahoo! page.
- Make sure your Yahoo! account's Prompt for Password setting is Every 2 weeks:
- Go to your Yahoo! account info.
- Follow the Edit link under Member Information.
- Make sure Every 2 Weeks is selected under Prompt for Password:.
- Click Finished.
- Do not clear your browser cookies manually.
- Make sure your browser does not delete cookies when you shut it down.
- Set browser extensions and anti-spyware software not to clear cookies or to exclude cookies from the "yahoo.com" domain.
For enhanced internet privacy, you can use your browser's private browsing feature instead:
- Internet Explorer: InPrivate Browsing
- Mozilla Firefox: Private Browsing
- Safari: Private Browsing (Note: does not block cookies)
- Google Chrome: Incognito Mode