An application programmed just for these tasks is better, you think? Fortunately, adding Yahoo! Calendar to iCal is easy, and lets you access — automatically syncing to and fro — not only events but also to-do items.
Set Up Yahoo! Calendar iCal Sync
To access Yahoo! Calendar in iCal with automatic synchronization of events, calendars and to-do items:
- Open iCal.
- Select iCal | Preferences… from the menu.
- Go to the Accounts tab.
- Click + beneath the Accounts list.
- Select Yahoo! under Account type:.
- Enter your Yahoo! Mail email address under Email address:.
- If the email address for your Yahoo! Calendar account does not end in "@yahoo.com", do still enter it here, but see the additional steps below.
- Type your Yahoo! Calendar password under Password:.
- Click Create.
- If your email address does not end in "@yahoo.com":
- Make sure the newly created Yahoo! Calendar account is highlighted in the Accounts list.
- Go to the Server Settings tab.
- Make sure your full email address appears under Server path:; the format is "/principals/users/email_address/.
- If the email address connected with the Yahoo! Calendar account were "firstname.lastname@example.org", for instance, make sure the Server path: field reads "/email@example.com/".
- Close the Accounts preferences window.