You can change your name (to suit a function, for example), of course, and set up a signature and special outgoing SMTP server for each address.
Add a New Sending Address to an Email Account in Sparrow for iPhone
To set up a new address for sending messages to an account in Sparrow for iPhone:
- Go to the Accounts sheet in Sparrow for iPhone.
- From any folder, swipe right twice.
- Tap the gear in the left lower corner.
- Now tap Sounds, Signature, Avatar, Alias under the desired account.
- Select Aliases.
- Tap the + in the top right corner.
- Type the email address for sending under Address.
- Optionally, change the name used for sending under Name.
- Tap Save.
Set an Email Account Alias to Use a Special SMTP Server for Sending
To configure a sending address to deliver using its own outgoing SMTP server (when the default server only accepts mail from your main account address, for instance, or when the special server saves a copy of the sent message):
- Go to the Aliases sheet of the account for which you have set up the additions sending address (see above).
- Tap the alias address.
- Now tap SMTP.
- Make sure Use Custom is selected.
- Tap Edit.
- Enter the SMTP server name under Host.
- If your server requires a user name and password:
- Enter your SMTP server user name under Login.
- Tap your SMTP server password under Password.
- Tap Save.
- If your SMTP server requires a special port or if you need to change SSL/TLS settings:
- Tap OK for the Unable to create account alert.
- Enter the port number under Port.
- Make sure Secure is checked only if your SMTP server requires SSL/TLS encryption.
- Tap Save again.
- Tap Details.
- Now tap Save.
(Updated April 2012)