In Sparrow, you can get that Send And Archive button, and a keyboard shortcut to go with it. Send And Archive will deliver the reply or forward you are composing and move the original message to the archiving folder. Of course, you can also elect to just send your message and not move the original.
Send and Archive with One Click or Keyboard Shortcut in Sparrow
To send a reply (or forward) and archive the original message in one go with Sparrow:
- Make sure "Send and Archive" is enabled in Sparrow (see below).
- Done composing your answer or forward, click Send And Archive.
- You can also press Command-Shift-D.
Sparrow will deliver your message and save it to Sent, and then also archive the original message or conversation.
Enable "Send and Archive" in Sparrow
To add the Send And Archive button for composing replies and forwards in Sparrow:
- Select Sparrow | Preferences… from the menu in Sparrow.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Make sure Enable Send and Archive is checked under Composer:.
- Close the Preferences window.
(Updated July 2011)