You do not want to be watched? Don't download the image. In Sparrow, this is easy. (You can still see select emails' graphics, of course.)
Prevent Sparrow from Displaying Remote Images in Email
To make sure Sparrow does not download images for display in emails (revealing your opening the messages):
- Select Sparrow | Preferences… from the menu in Sparrow.
- Go to the Advanced category.
- Make sure Show remote images is not checked under Conversation View.
- Close the Preferences window.
View Remote Images for a Message or Sender
To see the images in a particular email:
- Open the message in its own window or the reading pane.
- Click once under Images below are not displayed to see images in the message just this time.
- Click always to see images in all messages from the same sender.
(Updated December 2011)