At Shortmail, of course, all mail you get is short mail; does all short mail you get arrive at Shortmail, though?
Getting More Short Mail at Shortmail
If you want to use Shortmail's efficiency on the web and its fine app for more messages than those sent directly to your Shortmail address, you can start having your email account, say one at Gmail, forward incoming mail. Almost invariably, the Shortmail quarantine will fill up, though, and drench the newly found efficiency in a sea of hassle and complications.
What about filters? Can Gmail not forward only mail from select senders — those you know to mail well? It can. Who, though, wants to maintain these rules?
Shortmail and Gmail
What about Shortmail then? Should it not be able to identify the messages fit for its inbox? Could it not import them automatically from Gmail? It is, and it can.
With Shortmail connected to a Gmail account, Shortmail automatically picks up newly arriving short messages from Gmail (and archives it at Gmail if you like); in the other direction, Shortmail will automatically forward newly quarantined messages arriving at your Shortmail address to the Gmail account.
Connect Shortmail with Gmail and Access Gmail Emails in Shortmail
To set up Gmail in Shortmail (which will automatically import emails short enough for Shortmail from your Gmail account and forward long emails you receive in your Shortmail account to Gmail):
- Click the Edit Settings gear in your Shortmail on the web's top navigation bar.
- Go to the Advanced category.
- Click Add a Google account (or Add another Google account) under Shortmail Connect.
- If you are logged in to a Gmail account different from the one you want to connect with Shortmail:
- Click your name or email address in the top navigation bar.
- Now click Sign out.
- If you are not logged into Gmail:
- Type your Gmail address (or Google account email address) under Email.
- Enter your Gmail pass phrase under Password.
- Click Sign in.
- Click Grant access under The site shortmail.com is requesting access to your Google Account for the product(s) listed below..
Shortmail will check for new (short) messages to import in your Gmail inbox about every 30 minutes.
Keep Messages Imported to Shortmail in the Gmail Inbox
To prevent Shortmail from automatically archiving the short messages it has picked up from your Gmail account:
- Click the Edit Settings gear in Shortmail.
- Open the Advanced section.
- Make sure Archive messages is not checked under Shortmail Connect.
(Updated May 2012)