The message was from a favored email address all right, but all, alas, it breathlessly announces was its sender's vacation in Greenland.
How about having SaneBox notice that and treat the message — and all automatic replies — like a message that is not quite so urgent as its sender implies? Fortunately, you can not only configure SaneBox to handle auto-replies in a special manner but tell it where to put them, too.
Have SaneBox Hide Auto-Replies (Even by Important Senders) from Your Inbox
To set up SaneBox so it prevents automatic replies from appearing as important messages in your inbox (and makes them available for leisurely browsing in, for instance, the @SaneLater folder):
- Open your SaneBox preferences on the web.
- Make sure @SaneLater, @SaneNews or another folder different from INBOX and Default folder is selected under Auto replies go to:.
- You can find the auto-resonse settings in the Contacts section.
- Selecting Default folder will make automatic replies go to the folder to which other emails from the sender are delivered (the inbox, for example, @SaneLater or a custom folder).
- Choosing INBOX will deliver all auto-replies to your account's inbox, even for senders whose other messages are delivered to a folder such as @SaneLater.
(Updated August 2012)