In Postbox, you can get a command that combines Send and Archive into one for email replies. It might not save you a single click, but Send and Archive limits the pointing to a narrow region.
Send and Archive in One Go with Postbox
To send a reply and move the original message to the account's Archive folder immediately:
- Make sure sending and archiving is enabled in Postbox. (See below.)
- Click the down arrow next to Send in the message's toolbar.
- Select Send and Archive from the menu that pops up.
- You can also select File | Send and Archive from the menu.
The message to which you were replying will be moved to the archiving folder; your reply will be kept in the Sent Mail folder.
Enable "Send and Archive" in Postbox
To enable sending and archiving in one go for Postbox:
- Select Tools | Options… or Postbox | Preferences… from the menu in Postbox.
- Go to the Composition category.
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Make sure Enable send and archive is checked.
- Close the Composition preferences window.
(Updated November 2011)