How about hiding that long list altogether and still have your favorite folders or labels within easy view and reach? Enter the favorites bar.
Reach Favorite Folders Fast in Postbox
To make a folder a favorite in Postbox:
- Make sure the favorites bar is visible in Postbox.
- Select View | Show | Favorites Bar from the menu if the Favorites Bar item is not checked.
- Now make sure the folder pane is visible.
- Click Show in the favorites bar if it is not.
- Drag and drop the desired folder from the folder pane to the favorites bar.
- Folders always appear in alphabetical order in the favorites bar.
- As an alternative to dragging and dropping, you can also select Edit | Favorite Folder from the menu while you're in a folder you want to make a favorite.
Now, you can open any favorite folder by clicking it in the favorites bar (even when the folder list is hidden); you cannot move messages by dragging them onto the favorites bar, though.
Remove a Folder from Your Postbox Favorites
To delete a folder from the favorites bar in Postbox:
- Click with the right mouse button on the folder in the favorites bar you want to remove.
- Select Remove From Favorites from the menu that comes up.
(Updated November 2011)