With Outlook.com, you can access the source for any message and find out, for instance, what path it took to arrive in your account (using the headers) or what causes the left column to seem a wee bit off (using the HTML code).
Access the Source for an Email Message in Outlook.com
To view the full source behind an email in Outlook.com:
- Open the message whose source you want to open.
- Click Actions in the message's top area (near the sender).
- Select View message source from the menu that appears.
You can also get to a message's source view without opening the email itself first:
- Click on the message in its folder's email list with the right mouse button.
- Choose View message source from the context menu that shows.
(Updated March 2013)