In MailMate, you can find out easily what went on behind the scenes on the path an email took, how its formatting was achieved and maybe why the formatting is broken.
View an Email's Source in MailMate
To see the full source of an email message (including all header lines, body parts and attachments) in MailMate:
- Open the message in MailMate.
- You can also open more than one message at a time in the preview pane and open all their sources.
- Select View | Show Raw Message from the menu.
- As an alternative, you can also press Command-Alt-U.
To return to normal message view, select View | Show Formatted Message from the menu or press Command-Alt-U again.
View the HTML Behind Message Display in MailMate
To see the HTML code used to generate what you see when you view a message in MailMate (this is either HTML code contained in the message itself or HTML code generated by MailMate for rendering plain text messages):
- Open the message or messages in MailMate.
- Select View | Show HTML Source from the menu.
- You can also press Command-Control-U.
To return to normal email display, select View | Hide HTML Source from the menu or press Command-Control-U again.